Duties and Responsibilities
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems.
- Protect system by defining access privileges, control structures, and resources.
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities; reporting violations.
- Implement security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits.
- Upgrade systems by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeps users informed by preparing performance reports; communicating system status.
Cyber Security Qualifications / Skills
- System administration
- Network security
- Information security policies
- On-call network troubleshooting
- Firewall administration
- Network protocols
- Routers, hubs, and switches
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 4+ years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- Proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, ID/PS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics, and RSA Security
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
- Experience developing and deploying signatures (e.g. YARA, Snort, Suricata, HIPS)
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows), VMware technology, and Unix and basic Unix commands